Tuesday 28 August 2018

Arahura Marie

                                                Arahura Marae

Today we went to the Arahura Marae. It is a Marae in the outskirts of Hokitika. We went there for a school trip. My favourite things were the colour-changing lights and the really cool and mysterious stories. Matua T, the leader and storyteller, told us about a few of the Maori legends. He also told us that the colour- changing lights were the spine and ribs of a famous Maori guy. I really liked this experience because it was a chance to finally see the Marae and hear Maori legends. You should go there!!! 

3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Emily, my name is Kyra and I am a Year 7 student in Totara 3. I like your post about your visit to the Arahura Marae because it would give those who hadn't been the to the Marae a good rundown on what it was like.

    What was your favorite story?

    This reminds me of when I went to the Arahura Marae. It was my first time ever going to a Marae. Was it your first time? Did you have to do your Mihi at the Marae?

    Maybe next time you could retell one of the Maori Legends so people are more interested in going. Amazing post and cool photo!

    From Kyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kyra!
    First thanks for commenting.
    Second,Yes Yes,It was my first time there,I did my mihi.
    Thirdly, I liked the story of ponamu.
    Lastly,
    Goodbye!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi emily and that feld trip was good from bently

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.