Friday 29 March 2019

From Simple Sentences To Extended Ones

  Writing interesting sentences!

WALT: Add detail to our sentences to give detail to the reader.

Today Mrs Clark gave us an example of what detailed sentences look like in 5 simple steps.1st, we added an adjective.2nd, we told the reader when.3rd, we told them where.4th,we added how.5th,we put why.Afterwards,she gave us the choice of a simple sentence and then using the 5 steps to make it detailed.This is my sentence:

I waited for the bus.
I waited unhappily for the 
bus.
This afternoon I waited unhappily for the bus.
This afternoon I waited unhappily for the bus at the bustop.
This afternoon I unhappily shivered waiting for the bus at the bustop.
This afternoon I unhappily shivered waiting for the bus at the bustop because there was a breakdown.

That is what I wrote.
How detailed a sentence can you make?
  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.